Santa Fe County- On Thursday, November 7, 2013, a NMSP officer attempted to pull over a vehicle for erratic driving. The vehicle failed to yield, and a pursuit was ensued.
- Pursuit called out at 1:14 am
- Call into dispatch of shots fired at 1:19 am
- Two occupants in the vehicle
- A female driver and a male passenger
- Female driver is deceased
- Male subject was transported to local hospital complaining of minor injuries
- One NMSP officer involved
The female driver of the vehicle has been identified as Jeanette Anaya (39) of Santa Fe, NM. The male passenger will not be facing any charges at this time. He was transported to the hospital as a precaution, and has no reported injuries.
The pursuit started at St Francis and Alta Vista. It ended on Camino Carlos Rey and Las Casitas, in Santa Fe NM.
This investigation is still ongoing. Further information will be released in subsequent press releases.
Contact: Sergeant Emmanuel Gutierrez