Santa Fe, NM- The following is the breakdown of the results yielded by the New Mexico State Police and the Motor Transportation Police for the Thanksgiving weekend I40 nationwide initiative.
- Total Crashes Investigated: 5
- Fatal Crashes: 0
- Number of Alcohol related crashes: 0
- Number of Fatalities: 0
- Number of Unrestrained Fatalities: 0
- Number of Citations Written: 642
- Number of DUIs: 5
- Number of Moving Violations Citations: 454
- Number of CMV (commercial motor vehicle) Inspections: 3
- Number of CMV Related Crashes: 0
- Number of CMV Citations: 27
- Number of Seatbelt Citations: 26
- Number of Drug Related Arrests: 5
The above is a tally of activity for November 27 and December 1, 2013. The New Mexico State Police and Motor Transportation Police stuck to the promise of keeping this Thanksgiving weekend a safe one of travel through New Mexico. This project spanned throughout the New Mexico I40 corridor with one officer every twenty miles.
We would also like to thank the New Mexico Department of Transportation for the support they provided for this initiative.
Contact: Lieutenant Emmanuel Gutierrez