NM Search & Rescue Review Board
When the Search and Rescue Act was put into law in 1978, the Act created the New Mexico Search and Rescue Review Board. A Governor-appointed board that evaluates the operation of the New Mexico Search and Rescue Plan, problems on specific missions, and makes recommendation to the appropriate authorities.
The board is comprised of:
- The Secretary of Public Safety or designee
- The Secretary of Health and Environment or designee
- A representative of the Civil Air Patrol division of the Department of Military Affairs
- A representative of the New Mexico Emergency Services Council
- A member certified as a search and rescue person
- A member of the New Mexico Sheriffs Association
- The Chief of the New Mexico State Police
- The New Mexico Search and Rescue Resource Officer (non-voting)
- A member of the general public who shall act as chairman
SAR Review Board Members:
- Mr. Stock Colt, Chairman
- Chief Pete Kassetas, New Mexico State Police
- Major Adrian Armijo, New Mexico Department of Public Safety
- Mr. Kyle Thornton, New Mexico Department of Health
- Major John Gravel, Civil Air Patrol
- Mr. Duane Clark, New Mexico Sheriffs’ and Police Association
- Ms. Frankie Benoist, New Mexico Search and Rescue
- Mr. Bob Baker, New Mexico Search and Rescue Council (formally New Mexico Emergency Services Council)
- Mr. Bob Rodgers, New Mexico State Police, Search and Rescue Resource Officer
The SRB will meet at 9:00 am on April 25th, 2014 at the Buffalo Thunder Resort in Pojoaque NM.
Agenda Items for the April 25th meeting will be matters relating to department policy pursuant to NMSA 1978, Section 24-15A-6.
Copies of the agenda will be available 48 hours prior to the meeting. If you desire a copy, or if you are an individual with a disability who is in need of a reader, amplifier, qualified sign language interpreter, or any form of auxiliary aid or service to attend or participate in the meeting, please contact the Department of Public Safety, New Mexico State Police Search and Rescue Bureau, at 2501 Carlisle Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110 or 505-841-9297 as soon as possible.