Applicant Fingerprint Background Checks
4491 Cerrillos Road
Santa Fe, NM 87507
Contact: Sonia Abeyta
DPS Applicant Fingerprint Background Check Fees
Electronic Submission (Governmental Agencies Only)
Manual Submission (Governmental Agencies Only)
DPS Applicant Fingerprint Background Check unit is able to accept cashier’s checks, money orders, credit and debit cards only. POs/Cash will not be accepted and will be returned to the submitting agency.
DPS Applicant Fingerprint Background Check Procedures:
- Two (2) fingerprint cards are required to be submitted.
- Cards are processed in the order they are received.
- Your first point of contact to check on the status of any delay of your application should be the agency where you initially submitted your application and prints.
- The time delay between the time your prints are received by your sponsoring agency and when they are submitted electronically or manually to DPS rests entirely with the submitting agency.
- Once prints are submitted to DPS electronically, and your prints are of sufficient quality, under normal circumstances, your agency will receive a response from DPS within 24-48 hours, and from the FBI within 48-72 hours (weekends excluded).
- Prints submitted to DPS and the FBI as manual submissions typically receive responses within 7-14 working days.
Delays in Applicant Fingerprint Background Check responses to submitting agency may be due to:
Rejections caused by:
- Incomplete application information
- No payment or insufficient payment
- Low quality prints
For questions/inquiries/comments, please refer to the Applicant Fingerprint Background Checks contact information.